« Home | People need to stop coming up to me and telling me... » | I am sick of sleeping late nights and gettin up at... » | I Love The Girl Next Door "The Movie" » | SAWALAAT » | Travelling can be fun in only two ways.. if you ar... » | Dear sweet bloggy, whatever should i write in you?... » | Didn't had anything to write about for some time. ... » | Valentine's Day » | FAKE EARTQUAKE » | Ever lasting rain » 

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 

Thats what happend to a friend of mine on his way back to new york for his studies.

Midnight - Parents drop me off at airport. Dad seems too worried if I'll be ok with all the snow in US (I've never seen snow, except for a little in Murree). Relax Dad !
12:15 am - Sneak past pirated books and cds through baggage checks. Its worth the risk when one CD costs $0.50 and I got 6 textbooks for $20 only.
2:00 am - Boarding starts. Why the fuck do they ask us to be at the airport 3 hours before flight ?!?!?!
2:10 am - Oh please don't let that fat guy sit next to me. Please please please.
2:11 am - THANK YOU LORD.
2:15 am - Shit. Motherfuck. This is worse than the fat guy. I'm sitting next to a MULLAH. No seriously, with dirty beard and white turban and all. The airport staff has a sick sense of humor.
2:40 am - Awww. Goodbye Pakiland. I'll miss the water shortage, power outage and the slow net. No seriously, even with all the problems of a third world country and no matter how much I diss it, there's no place like home. I'll miss you Mom !
(I won't mention it for the rest of the 18 hour flight, but the Mullah next to me kept bothering me with tableegh, sermonizing and telling me why I should believe in Allah etc etc. I already know this dude. Fuck off ! )
3:00 am - Hmmm. Starting to get bored here.
3:01 am - Seriously. Boring boring boooooring.
3:02 am - WHEN WILL WE FUCKING LAND !!!
5:55 am - Why is the Mullah asking me in which direction would Mecca be :P. Don't care dude.
6:00 am - Is this Mullah for real ? He's actually gone to the back and started giving the Azan (call for Muslim prayer).
6:05 am - 2-3 people are praying in congregation in the cramped aisles. Wow - never have I seen this and I've flown a lot.
10:00 am (UK time) - Yaay Manchester Airport. I can try all the free cologne samples at the duty free :)
Noon - "America has two evils: Indecency and Materialism. Right ?". Seriously, why the fuck is this Mullah going to USA if he hates it so much.
1:00 pm (US time) - Time to fill customs forms before landing.
1:01 pm - NO WAY ! The Mullah doesn't know English so I have to fill it out (I swear I'm NOT making this up. This really is unbelievable).
1:02 pm - Holy shit. Mullah has American Passport and his birth country is Afghanistan !?!?!?!? I look at him closely and get the creepy feeling that he's Osama bin Laden or one of the Al-Quaida men. Scared, I fill out the form for him.
1:06 pm - Flatly refuse when he even asks me to sign it for him. Dude are you frickin high ? I'm not signing it ! So he just scrawls zigzaggily on the dotted line.
2:00 pm - Newyork totally looks like a Christmas postcard from the plane, with the snow and all.
2:30 pm - Run run run out of plane, to get really ahead in customs line.
5:00 pm - Despite all the running, took me 3 hours, because all young single Muslim males are terrorist threats and must undergo special registration :P. Great ! I've just landed and already I'm fingerprinted and treated like a criminal :P:P.
5:05 pm - Aaaaah JFK Airport. Catch a snack, and take a bus through Manhattan and Times Square to the Greyhound Terminal.
5:30 pm - Damn Newyork rush hour. I could've walked faster :P.
5:35 pm - Seriously. NY Traffic Jams suck.
6:00 pm - Finally ! Catch a bus to GradSchoolCity.
7:00 pm - Shit. Haven't slept for 2 days and these are seriously crampy seats. But still ...
7:05 pm - Zzzzzz
8:00 pm - Zzzzzz
11:00 pm - Zzzzzz. Oh yayyy. I'm in GradSchoolCity.
11:30 pm - Aaaah. My apartment. Time to meet my asshole roommate Lun ! Damn that was a long trip.

About me

  • I'm Unknown
  • From
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from wajahat1. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates